Marcel Profeit: Senior Fire & Explosion Investigator
Marcel has been a career member of the fire service since 1992, starting as a crash rescue fire fighter, then moving to a suppression fire fighter and ultimately a fire prevention officer. During his 10 years in a Municipal Fire Department Prevention Branch he has served as a Fire Inspector, Prevention Lieutenant, Prevention Captain and Chief Fire Prevention Officer. He has extensive experience in origin and cause determination and within his municipality is primarily responsible for the investigation of fires resulting in fatalities, serious injuries and large financial loss as well as possible arson fires by request of the RCMP. He has also investigated outside his municipality by request of the Office of the Fire Commissioner. Marcel has been qualified in BC Supreme Court as an expert in both Fire Origin and Cause and Fire Behavior.
While Marcel is an active member of the British Columbia Fire Prevention Officers Association, International Association of Arson Investigators and the Canadian Association of Fire Investigators he also instructs a ProBoard certified “NFPA 1033 – Fire Investigator, Principles and Practices” course.
- IFSAC/ProBoard Certified Fire Investigator (NFPA 1033)
- JIBC Fire Prevention Officer Certificate
- IFSAC/ProBoard Certified Fire Inspector I (NFPA 1031)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Certified Fire Service Instructor II (NFPA 1041)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Certified Fire and Life Safety Educator I (NFPA 1035)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Juvenile Firesetter Intervention Specialist I&II (NFPA 1035)
- IFSAC/ProBoard Certified Fire Officer I, II, & III (NFPA 1021)