Dan Walker: Senior Fire & Explosion Investigator
A dedicated fire officer with more than 23 years professional firefighting experience, Dan has served as a Local Assistant to the Fire Commissioner, Fire Prevention Officer, Fire Dispatcher, Firefighter, Captain, Hazardous Material Technician (team leader).
Dan is an active member in good standing of the Fire Prevention Officers Association of B.C., the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI) and instructs and evaluates Hazmat, Incident Scene Management, Fire Officer 1-2, Incident Safety Officer and NFPA 1001 for private entities and colleges.
Dan has extensive experience in origin and cause investigations involving commercial and residential structures, vehicles and wildland fires and routinely assists RCMP in arson investigations.
He has numerous certifications related to Fire Service, Rescue, and Wildland Firefighter. Certifications include:
- Fire Investigation Technician (IAAI)
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC)/Proboard – Certified Fire Investigator (NFPA 1033)
- IFSAC Proboard /Certified Fire Officer 1,2 (NFPA 1021)
- IFSAC Proboard /Certified Fire Inspector 1 (NFPA1031)
- IFSAC Proboard/Hazmat Technician (NFPA 472)
- IFSAC Proboard/Fire Service Instructor 1 (NFPA 1041)
- IFSAC Proboard/Apparatus Equipped with a Fire Pump (NFPA 1002)
- Certified Firefighter (NFPA 1001)